Suggest a Session for OOW: APEX Auth Schemes
Posted by Tyler Muth on June 23, 2008
Raj Mattamal, an old colleague, friend, and former APEX Team Member is trying to get his session voted into one of the few remaining slots for Oracle Open World via Oracle Mix. The title is “Security: Writing Custom Authentication Schemes for Application Express” and you can go here to vote for it.
Top 5 reasons you should vote for Raj vs someone else?
- This is actually a pretty interesting topic that comes up with almost every application.
- If you check out the mix link you’ll see he has endorsements from Tom Kyte, Mike Hichwa, and Carl Backstrom.
- Raj is entertaining. He could compare and contrast the Dewey Decimal System and the Library of Congress Classification and make it interesting.
- Raj is animated… more so than I can effectively describe here. You know the bouncing doc icons on a Mac? The ones that bounce up and down continuously to tell you something important? Now imagine one of them had arms and the important thing it was trying to tell you was “Security: Writing Custom Authentication Schemes for Application Express”… but not in an annoying Jack Russell Terrier sort of way, but more of dance… though not quite as good as these guys (warning!!! video with SOUND).
- He’s a dog person. Well more of a dog stalker since he doesn’t actually own one, but he likes dogs. In exchange for this endorsement, Raj has agreed to dog-sit for our dog the 3rd week of August. Oh, Raj, are you free the 3rd week of August? Don’t worry, just put her on the treadmill, kick back and relax.